It was while I was working at a major market research company in London that I began my e-learning career as a developer. They were moving more into e-learning and had purchased XStream RapidBuilder to do the job. It wasn't easy to use but we were really excited by the results. Moving on, they updated to Lectora and took me with them.
I've got more of a reputation as an Instructional Designer these days but really love the creative side of developing. I'm currently updating to Articulate Storyline 2 and enjoying seeing what is possible. I also work with a great team of freelance developers who enable me to work on more than one project at a time. They have a wealth of experience and help me ensure that you get exactly what you were looking for.
E-learning development has a tried and tested process
- Proof read and tested by the developer for any technical issues
- Tested by the client for content and useability
- Feedback provided by the client
- Alpha amendments made by the developer
- Tested by sample users for content and useability
- Feedback provided by users
- Reviewed by the client
- Signed off by the client